Monday, July 21, 2008

Cloth? Am I crazy?


I know I know, before you say it just hear me out! I was one of the biggest naysayers about cloth diapers out there! My friends Dianthe & Kelly were raving about theirs, but I just could not get on board with it. Disposables are just so easy! But Aiden was having *bottom* issues, he was waking up bright cherry red every morning. So, I bit the bullet and borrowed a diaper from Kelly to try out on Aiden, wow I fell in love after one wearing. He woke up from his 3 hour nap without a red bottom, the first time ever!
From then on it was all downhill, Dianthe introduced me to Diaper Swappers and I was staying up all hours of the night, researching diapers and trying to buy some. I was able to get a lot of three diapers for $30, plus she was in town, so the next day when I got home they were sitting on my doorstep.
Then I found out that a local lady does a cloth diaper class the first Thursday of each month and she was local in Farmers Branch, so I headed over for it. I learned so much and she answered so many of my questions. I am heading over tomorrow to check out her inventory she just got in. I can't wait. Stop laughing at me!!
Right now I am slowly building my *stash* I have:
4 Mommy's touch pockets
1 Mommy's touch AIO
1 Pirate pocket
and I just ordered 2 BumGenius 3.0 from their seconds sale for only $12 each! I am so excited.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I'm so lost right now...so when the time comes, I'll be hitting you up for the low down on Cloth Diapers! I have to admit, they are super cute!

La Bonne Vie - The House of Brodt said...

I love how cute they are, but I must admit that I don't know if I could go the cloth route. My parents did that when I was a baby and my mom swears it wasn't too bad, but they also used a diaper service so I know it was a bit different....