Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
I just gave my baby boy his last bottle. We are out of formula and the Dr said it would be fine to switch him over to milk rather than go buy another container of it. He is perfectly fine drinking milk, no problems there. I however am having a hard time with it. He is my baby, and he is growing up way to fast. I guess I should be thankful he made the switch so easy. Lets hope it keeps going this smoothly...
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
What a great way to start Christmas...
Santa gets milk and cookies at every single house, so we change it up for him, we leave him a nice glass of red. Next year we hope to leave him a nice cheese tray to go with it, anyone know where we can get a "Cheese tray for Santa" plate?? :)
Monday, December 22, 2008
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (who hasn't!?!??!)
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon (hahahahaha)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (in Jamaica is the best!)
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia (it was Ukraine, close enough)
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (I’ve eaten a lot of them though)
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
OMG! I had to go into the bathroom and Seth had to turn around cause we were laughing so hard!
Once I composed myself I asked Ethan who told him that or where he heard it, he told me that no one told him that, its just the truth, farts make God cry.
I have no idea where he gets his information sometimes, but it always makes me laugh!
Another new thing we started this year was an Advent calendar. I have been wanting one but haven't found one i liked well enough to spend the money on. But I found one this year, and grandma was with me, so she said she wanted to buy it for the boys, fine with me! :)
Ethan loves opening the doors each day to see what is behind it. Being almost 4 has made this the most interactive Christmas yet with him. When I was pulling out our Nativity scene he started to tell me all about who everyone was and was so excited to share. I have read the Christmas story to him, the children's version, and he has started to ask questions and actually be interested in the answers, I love it!
Now I have to go address our Christmas cards, so I can get them to people before Christmas! :)
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Aiden did fine, I of course had a hard time. As soon as they took him from my arms and told us to wait in the lobby I started to tear up. As soon as we sat down the tears started pouring down my face. Yes I know that this was a simple, routine surgery that is performed daily, but it was on my BABY! I hated thinking that he might be scared or cold back there without me. It was the longest 20 minutes of my life. I am so thankful that he is a healthy baby and that I don't have to see him go through more painful and invasive procedures. Once the Dr came and got us I was rushing back to see him. He was still sleeping when we got back there but started to wake up about a minute later and was he ever PISSED! He was sobbing and flopping around in my arms. After we finally got hi to calm down I was able to feed him and it seemed to help. Seth then went off to work and Aiden and I came home and plan on sleeping and snuggling the day away. He is actually napping right now.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Warning, they made me laugh so hard that I now have mascara running down my cheeks!
- Announce that you would like to start a new family tradition, and proceed to take off your clothes at the dinner table.
- Open the oven, shove hunks of Velveeta cheese and Spam into the turkey while it cooks. Tell mom/grandma/your wife that it adds the coolest flavor.
- Whenever someone at the table says a word beginning with the letter R, make a loud "BUZZ"ing noise.
- Bring along old recorded football games, pop them in the VCR when Dad's not looking.
- Suck your cranberry sauce loudly through a straw.
- After soaking a napkin in some turkey gravy, simulate blowing your nose, letting the gravy drip onto your food. Start eating ravenously.
- Hold your nose while you eat. Make soft gagging noises after every second or third forkful.
- Recite the tragic and abusive conditions known to exist at turkey farms. Emphasize the negative health and sanitation aspects of the story.
- Mid-meal turn to mom/grandma/your wife and say, "See, I told you they wouldn't notice. You were worried for nothing."
- Load your plate up high, then take it to the kitchen, toss it all in the blender, and take your "shake" back to the table. Announce that you've got a new fear of choking.
- When you arrive, promise that your date won't be more than an hour late, he/she just has to wait for the warden to get together all the necessary release forms, and then they are free go.
- Come to the table dressed in a toga.
- Midway though the meal, excuse your self from the table. Go into the next room and make loud gagging, vomiting sounds. Return to the table and ask for another plateful of food.
- Observe aloud how much the stuffing and gravy resemble the contents of Uncle Ed’s colostomy bag.
- When giving the “Thanksgiving blessing”, be sure to express how thankful you are that you only have to eat at the same table with your in-laws once or twice every year.
- Turn the topic of conversation toward recognition of the early symptoms of food poisoning. Demonstrate these symptoms, just for safety’s sake.
- Insist on having paper bags wrapped around the wine bottles at the table.
- Bring the turkey from the kitchen to the table dressed only in a jock strap.
- Before everyone begins eating, announce loudly that both turkey legs are yours. Place a loaded revolver on the table in front of your plate to show that you're serious.
- Call the local Salvation Army mission to ask if the residents are enjoying the rice noodles, spam, sauerkraut and fruitcake that you donated for their dinner.
- Start a food fight at the table.
- Present your guests with an itemized bill for the food, making sure to add a 15 percent gratuity.
- Engage your brother-in-law in a belching contest before dessert. Ask someone else at the table to judge volume, tone, duration and “viscosity.”
- Drink copious quantities of wine, washing each spoonful of food down with at least half a glass. At the same time, sip out of your water glass sparingly, ensuring that it’s never more than half full.
- Call the local Salvation Army mission and tell them that you’ve prepared a massive feast that you and your family can’t possibly eat by yourselves. Tell them you can feed at least twenty-five hungry and homeless people if the Salvation Army can bring them to you. Give them directions to your obnoxious next-door neighbor’s house.
|Canada|| Gibsons, British Columbia|
|United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi, Abu Zaby|
|France||La Rochelle, Poitou-Charentes|
|Finland||Kerava, Southern Finland|
|United Kingdom||Oban, Argyll and Bute|
Wow! And that's just in the last few days! Don't be a stranger, leave a comment. :)
Friday, November 21, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Friday: Seth worked late and the boys and I had dinner with my dad
~Seth and I woke up early
~Phillip and Jessica came over
~I did Jessica's makeup
~I took maternity pictures of them in the park
~I went and got my hair cut
~I met a lady to sell her my double stroller, yay!
~Drove home, packed up the boys, got everyone dressed
~Went and got family pictures taken
~Drove home with two sleeping boys
~Left boys at h9ome with daddy for boys night in!
~Met Phillip, Jessica and my mom at Target
~Bought a bookcase for Baby Bethany
~Went with mom and got PeiWei for dinner, yum
~Went over to Phillip and Jessica's and helped them get the nursery ready
~3 hours later, it was done and ready for Bethany
~Drove home and passed out on the couch with Seth
~Woke up, cleaned some more
~Skipped church to go to a party in the park for some special kiddos
~Played at South Lakes Park for 4 hours
~Enjoyed cupcakes, homemade Penny cookies, birthday cake, pizza, etc...
~Watched all the kids play together so sweetly
~Cried a few tears as I thought about it being the last time my kids would play with Anthony and Samantha, life isn't fair at times..
~Thankful for my friends
~Mom and Dad came over for burgers on the grill and the Cowboy game
~Got out our Christmas tree and all that other fun stuff
As you can tell, this was a crazy weekend for us, but we had fun the whole time! Here are a few park pics
Aiden swinging the day away
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
*Disclaimer* I am not, nor do I claim to be a photographer, so please be gentle with your comments. I like to think of this as my test session.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Here is our picture from last year to tide you over:
I hear Santa is anxious to meet the baby that was in my tummy last year! Let's hope Aiden is as anxious to meet Santa. :)
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Well, if you ask Ethan we are. I have no idea why it started but the boy is infatuated with getting a puppy. He tells anyone and everyone that he is getting one, and his papa and grandma are getting it for him. It's going to be a long few weeks as we keep informing him that unless someone wants to buy us a puppy and pay for the vet bills, we are NOT getting a puppy!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Yep, both of my little guys have come down with croup. I feel so bad for them. Aiden also has the beginning of another ear infection. Yes, only 3 days after finishing up the other antibiotic, we are on another one. According to the Dr we are on the tail end of it, the worst of it hit this weekend. So we are just going to be living in the vicks vapor steam, doing meds every four hours, and watching lots of movies and coloring in the next day. We got the ok from the Dr to still go to the pumpkin patch field trip tomorrow morning, as long as the cough doesn't get worse and they aren't running a fever. Keep your fingers crossed, cause if we can't go, Ethan is going to be soooo upset!!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Here are the fun pics we took tonight, this is something I tried to do with Ethan, but I didn't have a big enough pumpkin and then they were all sold out when I went back, so I was determined to do it this time around!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Ethan has been wanting to go to the movie theater forever, but I was just too cheap! What if he decided a few minutes in that he was not having it. I was going to be out the money. Well I found out late Friday night that the theater by our house was having a special showing of Spookley the Square Pumpkin, which just so happens to be Ethan's favorite book at Halloween time. So I called mom and she came out to help me take both boys. We had such a great time! Ethan told me that he has been wanting to go to the movies ever since he was a baby in my tummy and he was just so happy I was finally taking him. Gee, the kid sounds sooo neglected! Of course he tells me and my mom that he needs popcorn, candy AND sprite, and of course grandma bought it all for him. He is just a little spoiled! Ethan lasted the whole movie, Aiden drank a bottle in the beginning and then was happy till we were about halfway through. So mom just stood with him on the side, there were about 6 whole people in there with us, and after a minute of her standing with him he passed out so she could sit down. As we were leaving Ethan was already asking when we could go again. Here are some pictures from our day at the movies!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
I'm voting, but I am taking it to my grave who I am voting for, its not worth a fight to me.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Here are our cute shirts we had custom done on Etsy
I highly recommend our Etsy seller CMDtees, she was so wonderful to work with, we had tons of questions and she was always super quick to reply! I know I will be sure to give her future business!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
This year I am stuck on ideas...
Here are my requirements:
Gosh, do you spot a trend?
Anyways....I have one idea so far, the Spartan Cheerleaders from SNL. Do you remember these guys? I have a feeling we could feel a boombox somewhere and walk around doing cheers all night, but who knows...
What is YOUR great idea for us?!?!
Friday, September 12, 2008
I just have to tell you about my wonderful husband and daddy to my kiddos. He rocks. He never complains about working two jobs so that we can afford for me to stay home with the boys, something that was important to us both. He also manages to help me out at night when Aiden is having a rough night. With both boys he was up every time to help me out. I would hurry up and make a bottle while he was upstairs changing the diaper and calming them down till I got up there. If I have a bad day, he is the first one to tell me to call some friends and go have a drink, go shop, go on a walk, just get out of the house by myself. He never complains when I do want to have a girls night out or even at our house. He keeps the kids upstairs and lets the girls take over the downstairs. He isn't one of those guys who keeps track and tells me that I had enough girls nights and its his turn out. I love that about him. I feel so blessed to have him as my husband. Every time I see him with our boys my heart melts and I am reminded again of how lucky I am that God put him in my life, I love you Seth!
Monday, September 8, 2008
So this morning I got him a Dr appt and took him in. Seth and I thought he just had really bad allergies, and he was having a tough time breathing, since he was so stuffed up. Our little baby Darth Vader!
Wellllll, turns out little man has a double ear infection, the Dr was surprised he was not running a raging fever and yanking on his ears, said it was BAD. He is also NOT cutting two teeth, he has about 4 about to pop through and to top it all off, he has pink eye! FUN!!!
So no wonder he didn't want to sleep, the Dr said it was probably hurting him really bad to lay down and sleep, all the pressure. Which makes sense and since the last two days his naps were in the car or on my chest in the cry room at church I never even tried to lay him down in his bed at naptime. So hopefully he will start feeling better in a day or two, especially since the boys are going to my parents house tonight!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
I love Lush! I first went to the store back in December. It was after Christmas and they were having a huge sale so I loaded up, to the tune of : stop reading Seth: a little over a hundred dollars! Then I went back a few months later and tried a few more things and loved all of those as well. SO the other day after my stupid Dr appt, more on that in another post, I called Seth and had him join me at North Park to get some shampoo. I have been wanting to try the Squeaky Green shampoo bar for a while, plus I needed a mask again. So I got both and came home to put the mask in the fridge and noticed the receipt. Turns out I got my two items, but I paid for 4! To the tune of $20 over! Why didn't I realize this at the store? Probably cause I was too busy talking to the girl. So I called them up right away and the girl that rang me up answered. I told her what happened and she talked to her manager. They ended up refunding my money to my credit card over the phone and they set aside a gift bag for me to pick up next time I am there! How awesome is that! I love all their products, but I am definitely a customer for life now!
::I don't want to hear any smart ass comments from certain people about how I always get free things either! You ho who you are!::
Monday, September 1, 2008
How long were your labors?
Kid #1, 24 hours.
Kid #2, 7 hours
How did you know you were in labor?
Kid #1, 2 weeks late, induced
Kid #2, 2.5 weeks early
Where did you deliver?
In the safety and security of the hospital
Kid #1-Dr Caren Reaves
Kid #2- Dr. Caren Reaves
If you have kids you now have to repost! :)
Friday, August 29, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
He has been chomping on everything today, even his hand, which he was not happy about. He went from happy drooly baby to screaming, OMG what have I done to myself baby! Here are a few pictures, its hard to see, but those faint white lines are the teeth!
Point of the story: This could have been avoided if Seth had checked her mouth this morning. Ewww, I am still shuddering....